1 Jan 2012

Hexapod Robot with 2 DOF legs (degree of freedom)

First Motion, Legs flexibility:


stalker is dead... but the body and components are preserved well, so I decided to reuse them and therefore Mini is born.


Lastest update (12/01/2012)







Original Post can be found here:
http://blog.oscarliang.net/simple-hexapod-robot-arduino/

===================================================================
31/12/2011

I just love working with Styrene plastic when building small robots... so flexible and shapable!

although it could take a while to cut and get good at it, but it's definitely a very good choice for people with small budget!

Here is a very good site selling them, it's the cheapest I have found so far (let me know if you know anywhere else cheaper ; )
Styrene Sheet (Plasticard) from Station Road Baseboards)

In this one, I basically reused all the servos and parts from the Stalker, the only things I need to rebuild was the base and the legs..







I hope I can work out some more gaits and moves soon and get it uploaded on youtube.
In the mean time, I will be working on the serial communication program to talk to the robot from the PC ; )

Ciao!

==================================================
07/01/2012

Mini can be now controlled by a VB program via USB connection, check here
http://arduin0.blogspot.com/2012/01/control-arduino-through-serial.html





==================================================
11/01/2012

further modification to the leg:




it's now more stable as the legs are tougher and lighter, more importantly it looks cooler!



====================================================
12/01/2012

Wrote a few more commands files today, works quite well ; )

See 2nd video from the top.

That's it! no more 2DOF hexpad, I will modify it into 3DOF per leg, and start to think about IK and trigonometry!

Sayonara!